Australian Mediation Awareness Week14th to the 20th October 2017
Australian Mediation Awareness Week 2017
What can you do to increase awareness of the benefits of mediation?
14th to 20th October 2017 #AuMAW2017
Australian Mediation Awareness Week
An opportunity for mediators, restorative justice practitioners and facilitators of peer mediation to collaborate nationally to raise awareness of the benefits of mediation and related alternative dispute resolution practices.
Would you like to be involved?
I’m an ADR professional – How do I host an event?
I’m not a mediator. Can I still help?
For media and all other enquiries contact us
Launching at the Australian STOP Domestic Violence Conference
You can find out more about Australian Mediation Awareness Week events on our Events Page, and updates on social media using #AuMAW2017
- Mediation of disputes can provide solutions which meet the needs of all parties, cost much less than litigation, are dealt with more speedily, avoid disruption to business, remove the debilitating effects of conflict and can restore professional and personal relationships
- Disputes in the business, construction, workplace, community and family sectors cost billions of dollars per annum in legal and other fees
- Indirect costs to organisations and individuals in terms of disruption, loss of productive time and reputational risks are similar
- Even the simplest dispute can be expected to take at least a year to reach a court decision and requires significant time input from all litigants
- The consequences of ‘losing’ can be serious to both business and individuals
- Private sector companies and individuals have much to gain by intervening early in conflict situations by using mediation
- Public sector organisations can also benefit from massive savings in time, money and efficiency
About the 2nd Australian Mediation Awareness Week
- In 2016 Australian Mediation Awareness Week was held between the 7th and 13th December.
- In 2017 #AuMAW2017 will be between the 14th and 20th October.
- Australian Mediation Awareness Week 2016 is promoted by Interact Support Incorporated, Australian Dispute Resolution Cooperative, Mediation Institute Pty Ltd and a number of other independent mediators and mediation services saw over 20 events held throughout Australia.
- In 2017 we’d like to target 100 events or activities to help raise awareness of the benefits of mediation.
- Australian Mediation Awareness Week 2016 was inspired by the UK Mediation Awareness Week 2016 and forms part of an international effort by mediators to improve understanding of the benefits of mediation